Thursday, February 20, 2014

Boyfriend & Slut

Hey lovelies!

Just to clarified, my boyfriend hasn't cheated on me. But I have friends who have been cheated on, and this is what I've noticed from second hand experience.

Women are so dramatic, more often than men. When a woman cheats, men aren't like that. They don't make sure everyone in the world knows how hurt they are. They don't post on facebook this "inspirational quotes" and images for people who've been cheated on. Yes, they might think that woman is an ungrateful bitch, but they move on sooner. Women not so much, they tend to hold a grudge for so much longer.
seems familiar?

I will tell you the story of an acquaintance. She had a kid with her boyfriend, and they lived together for a little while. I think the baby was only a couple months old, and they broke up because he cheated. Her kid is almost 3 years old, and to this date she holds an immense grudge against all men, not just her ex. She never misses the opportunity to remind everyone that all men are the same, "they are liars and cheaters and cannot be trusted."
Really? and what about guys?
People are like snowflakes, no two are the same. She had bad luck, like other thousands of people had, but I sometimes think that if she were a bit more positive she could've found by now a good guy who would accept her and her child. If I was guy and looked at her facebook page I'd be put off by all the anti-male stuff she posts.

There is another girl who I know who I share mutual friends with. Boyfriend cheated on her and she cannot stop with the slut shaming. Not cool.
spot on mrs norbury
Some women indeed are sluts. But others are victims of these unfaithful men, and those shouldn't be called that. I had an experience which I don't share often, but will share because it is relevant to what I'm writing about. I was young and naive (in highschool), I was going out with an older guy who already had a girlfriend, he promised me he would break up with her to be with me, but he never did. I never knew if the other girl knew about me, but I'm sure if she did she called me a whore, that's for sure. But I'm not a whore, I was used, lied to, and the guy broke my heart, just like he did it to her. We were both victims, but hey it's the past and I've moved on and don't hold a grudge against him.

But the real sluts are these unfaithful men. They already have a girl, and still go after another girl. But girls you've been cheated on never blame the guy. You know that "slut" never put a gun on your man's head and forced him to cheat on you with her.

I often wonder, why do people cheat? My guess is that they are not satisfied with their current relationship, and try to compensate for that. A quick google search told me I'm not too wrong, supposedly these are some reasons why people cheat.  

1. Lack of sexual satisfaction in your primary relationship.
2. Desire for additional sexual encounters. 
3. Lack of emotional satisfaction in your primary relationship.
4. Wanting emotional validation from someone else. 
5. Falling out of love with your partner.
6. Falling in love with someone new.  
7. Your wanting to seek revenge.
8. You’re curious and want new experiences. 

Which in my humble opinion most of these reasons are around sex and could be prevented/fixed with a little communication with your significant other.

So before cheating, creating an irreparable mess, breaking someone's heart and giving yourself a bad reputation. Talk to your significant other, communication is always the solution, isnt it?

Xo
Monica

4 comments :

  1. My opinion is if you are going to cheat you don't really love the person you are with and you should end it with that person before being with the new person. If you are not in love with the person you are with anymore do not stay in the relationship but have enough respect for the other person to not cheat.

    I hate that so many people (I have noticed it more with women than men) way over share about personal things like being cheated on. You shouldn't be telling that kind of stuff on Facebook. You might regret it later.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I am not the type of person who shares that kind of crap on facebook, mainly because it doesn't happen to me lol, I don't understand why people care what others share. It's their facebook--why can't they post what they want? Never understood why others feel the need to tell others what to do...if you don't like it, unfollow them? Some people use FB as a means to communicate in ways they can't otherwise, and yes that means they may be limited but that's just how some people are. Just an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspirational, and powerful words ^^

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I've never been deceived, and that's because I have not had many relationships in fact the only relationship I've had dating my current boyfriend is my beloved kokoro. Actually there are many reasons why people cheat is routine, and ceases to exist because the romance. Also many girls are very pushy and sex is very bad. The reason why a man cheats is because sex is not good or you want to go an unfortunate women like shirts.

    I think it's just about finding the right person, and if one person thinks playing with another and another and so therefore should be kept single and not have a serious relationship.

    But well, wow this comment is very long, very nice post!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...