Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mod About You

A couple weeks ago I was at CVS just shopping around.
I saw a Revlon Display with their new nail polishes for summer. One color really stand out for me. The name? Lilac Pastelle. Which coincidentally it has the same name of my favorite Revlon Lipgloss, I took it home with me and I was so excited to wear it. (Also, I didn't have any Revlon Nailpolishes. I used to have several of them when I was in High school)
The color was beautiful... a creamy pale pink with lavander undertones. It was a big disappointment. It was very sheer, streaky, and it took forever to dry, and I'm not saying 30 minutes (which I think that is reasonable)... I'm talking nearly two hours. It was horrible... left me no option but to return it.

Sad that I had found a pretty color, but did not liked the formula I set my self on the quest for a similar color... which I found at a local beauty supply store.



It's an OPI nailpolish as you can tell. Decided to get it because at the time I didn't have any OPI nailpolishes. Since it is $9.00 US dollars (which is super pricey for a nailpolish) and these are a lot of people favorite brand of nailpolish I said to myself... "They must be so good... because everybody raves about them." Wrong.


OPI: Mod About You


Besides the thickness of the brush, which I find very hard to work with. It is so streaky, have to apply 2 or 3 coats. Also, it chips very fast.. I put it on Sunday Night (around 10 pm) and it is Thursday night, and my right index nail has started to chip. I think is not really worth the price nor the rave people give these nailpolishes. One good thing is that it dried fast. Might repurchse since i really do love the color.

XO
Monica

4 comments :

  1. I personally like OPI polishes, however i much prefere China Glaze so you should try one of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love china glaze polishes, they have an amazing staying power

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a nice color! It suits you! I haven't tried OPI yet so I'll look for that here in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color. Looks totally lovely.

    You have such a nice blog.

    Hope you can check my blog out. :-) Plus, I'm having my first giveaway right now.

    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...